At any level, you can become a leader and true leaders are genuinely interested in other people. They ask questions and then listen with their eyes, their ears, and their hearts to build bridges of understanding. They build strong relationships and earn willing cooperation from others.
In this workshop, we examine the tools that enhance communication and ensure strong relationships are formed. We discuss the roles and responsibilities of leaders as communicators.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate effective questioning and listening skills that strengthen relationships
• Consider various forms of communication and their impact
• Recognize the value of building a relationship when leading
This workshop is presented by Steve Thomas.
• Twelve years of experience in management, strategic planning, and analysis
• Four (4) years working with the Dale Carnegie of Orange County, CA franchise as a Performance Consultant / Certified Trainer (current position)
• Public Speaker/Keynote Speaker
• Orange County One Stop Center (State Government Agency)
• Citi (Financial Institution)
• Fullerton College
• Nixon Library & Museum • Girls Inc of Orange County
• Lions Club of Garden Grove
Industry Training Experience:
• Finance: Trained operational processes in Manila, Philippines
• Non-Profit: 15+ years – leadership/communications (various volunteer groups)
Education and Certifications:
• M.A. in Human Services (Executive Leadership Concentration)
• B.S. in Business Management (Marketing) / Religion (Youth Studies)
• Certified Dale Carnegie Trainer in the following curriculum areas: Sales, Communications, Human Relations, Team Member Engagement